created for ScrapMatters Speed Scrap #379 http://scrapmatters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27453
Everything is recolored except the background paper, which is from Little Sunset by Jeanine DeOre. The ribbon and tag are from Little Sunset too.
Scatter from SM collab Garden
stitching on photos from LoveBirds by Jeanine DeOre
I cut the title letters from one of Jeanine's Grunge It Textures after coloring it.
The long string is from Jeanine DeOre and EHansen's colalb, Destination Vacation.
The heart string is from Jeanine's Hearts and Flowers kit.
The font is Stolen Moments Designs Niki.
1. Use a background paper with some sort of texture. Woodgrain, cardboard, folded paper...make me want to touch it
2. Choose 3 other papers and crop them into strips of different sizes. Layer these on top of each other on one side of your layout
3. Choose 1 photo, and put it at a slight angle on top of your papers
4. One trend I've been loving lately is ephemera. You know, elements that are just....stuff! raffle tickets, labels, postcards. Add something like that!
5. Embellish as you like, but everything has to be touching your papers.
6. Add a title, but here's the trick: It can't be anywhere near the rest of your layout!
7. Journal and date, if you want.